ABOUT TODAY’S GUEST | TASHA SARAN SMITH
Q&A WITH TASHA SARAN SMITH
Q: Tell us a little about how you got started selling Cutco with Vector.
- I went home for summer break between my Junior and Senior year in college, needed a job, and found a flyer that offered a base pay that was more than twice what I was making at my other job, so I came in for my interview.
- I was immediately excited about the job because my roommate had been with Cutco, and we had Cutco in my house, so I knew the product was pretty awesome.
Q: What were some of the early experiences you had selling Cutco and what were some lessons you learned?
- I took a rep, who was 0/20 appointments, field training. My customer ended up not buying, but at the next week’s team meeting, this rep was asked to speak because he had gone on to sell over $3,000 on 13 appointments! He said that field training with me had changed his life.
- I also learned to stay close to my mentor and leadership.
Q: What were some of the early experiences you had as a Vector Manager, and what were some lessons you learned?
- When I opened my office in May we got off to a terrible start. I had 20 reps in training, only 1 ended up leaving my office to do the job, and he turned in 1 order and quit but the order didn’t end up processing so we did $0 my first month.
- But it’s not how you start, it’s how you finish.
- I stayed focused and kept doing what I knew I should be doing, and by the 2nd summer conference, we ended up winning the contest when no one was expecting it.
Q: After your time with Cutco you moved on to a corporate job for 10 years before moving on to start your own company. Tell us a little about your time in your corporate job.
- I worked as an enrollment manager for University of Phoenix for 11 years but I started to get a little itchy for something more. I made a podcast with the intention of connecting with people like accountants to teach them how to sell. I was invited to a network marketing meeting and I told the gal that I would go to her event if she listened to my podcast.
- The gal loved the info in the podcast so much that she asked if she could hire me to coach her. She went from making $50 a month for 2 years to earning $450 the month after she implemented what she learned from working with me. So her mentor asked if she could hire me.
- On a leap-of-faith-decision, I quit my job and decided I was going to start my own business coaching people on sales.
Q: What did you do to help fix this gal’s results?
- Most people in sales do what we call “word vomiting” so what I teach is what I call The 5 Keys to Closing.
- Set up an appointment
- Give an agenda — it sets expectations and agreement
- Gain input – ask questions and listen to the customer
- Simplify and personalize your presentation
- Give 2 choices
Q: What are the challenges that you’ve overcome in starting your own company?
- The business comes in waves; you better learn to surf.
- I learned how to create business from scratch, and that has been so valuable in starting my business.
- I learned how to identify my leadership super-power.
- In order to build on strengths, you have to know what your strengths are and find out what was the best in what was, what is, and what can be.
Q: As you look into the future, how do you aspire to change people’s lives through your work or through your influence?
- I think that learning how to sell helps you take control of your future, so I want to help people learn how to sell.
- I’ve started writing my own book but I don’t have a title yet.
Connect with Tasha at:
Instagram: @tashasmith15 @emergesalestraining
Show Notes for this episode provided by Carlo Cipollina.
To get access to all episodes and free resources, visit our podcast page!
BRÈINFÚEL is a new beverage co-founded by Silver Cup Cutco alum Colton Horn. This is NOT an energy drink, but instead is a scientifically derived blend from coffees, teas, collagen, and antioxidants. BRÈINFÚEL uniquely puts your brain and body in the zone, prolonging mental focus, sharpening alertness and decision-making, and protecting your brain from burnout.
Be Smarter. Think Faster. Live Beyond. Go to Breinfuel.com and use the code “CLSK” at checkout for 35% off your first order (unlimited quantity!).
CVI (Core Values Index) is the most reliable personality assessment ever created. Many leaders – both in and out of Cutco/Vector – have used CVI to learn more about themselves and about the people they lead. You can get your FREE CVI assessment by visiting here. It takes less than 10 minutes to complete, and you’ll get your results immediately. You’ll then have the option to upgrade your report to a detailed assessment that will blow you away with its insight. Click here to take your FREE CVI test.
Organifi is the Cutco of superfood blends, made with only the highest-quality, plant-based ingredients. The “Green Juice” contains 11 superfoods, like moringa, spirulina, beets, turmeric, and other all natural, organic ingredients. It’s a great breakfast replacement, and so easy to use … you just mix it with water when you’re ready to drink. My personal favorite is their “Gold Tea,” which boosts your immunity and helps you sleep.
You can visit here to check out the full line of Organifi’s products. You get 15% off everything they carry by using the discount code “CLSK.” Try something from Organifi today!
If you like wine, but sometimes get a headache from drinking it, you need to try Good Weather Wine, founded by legendary Cutco/Vector alum Mark Lovas. All their wines are sugar-free, low in sulfites, and with no additives. You can get a monthly shipment of 3, 6, or 12 bottles, and they’ll make it super easy by making the selections for you based on your preferences. It’s like having your own wine buyer to help you pick.
Check out GoodWeatherWine.com to get started, and enter the discount code “CLSK” when you check out to get free shipping on your order.