ABOUT TODAY’S GUEST | DON MUELRATH
Don Muelrath is one of the most legendary figures in the 70+ year history of the Cutco/Vector sales organization. He started selling Cutco in 1965 and was one of the company’s top college-student reps, advancing into management after college. Don’s organization broke numerous company records en route to multiple National championships. When several of the marketing arms for Cutco were merged in 1985, Don became the head of Vector’s Western Region. He ultimately advanced to the role of President of Vector West, and later President of Sales Development before retiring in 1999 at age 55. In his retirement, Don runs a fly-fishing travel company, enabling him to pursue his passion all over the world.
In this conversation, you’ll hear about:
• The chance occurrence leading to how Don got started selling Cutco
• Some of Don’s favorite stories of people in the business, including his amazing rivalry with the great Ken Schmidt
• The three most valuable lessons Don has learned in the business
• Don’s signature quality of enthusiasm and personal energy
• A key tip from Don’s famous message “Winning The Money Game”
• The incredible story of the bear in Alaska (see picture also posted on Dan’s Instagram)
This is a really fun episode with a man with true positive energy. Take a break from your day and take down a walk through Cutco’s history books with the legendary Don Muelrath.
Legend!!! Great interview.
Where’s the picture of the bear you promised to share? Great interview, and insights on competition bringing out our very best.
Warren, check on my Instagram or Facebook!